Before we travel to any destination, it's always helpful to know a few facts about the country well be visiting. Today, we're looking at five interesting facts about Peru.
1. The Inca citadel of Machu Picchu was lost to the Amazon Jungle for hundreds of years, until it was re-discovered by Hiram Bingham the American explorer.
2. Peru is a surfer’s paradise. Chicama has the world’s longest left-handed wave at 4km’s long, and Mancora (close by) has the world’s largest left-handed point-break.
3. The finest cottons in the world, Pima and Tanguis, are Peruvian.
4. Lake Titicaca in Southern Peru is the world’s highest navigable lake, and South America largest lake.
5. There are some 90 different micro-climates in Peru, making it one of the most bio-diverse countries on the planet.
Plan your next trip to Peru with www.enigmaperu.com or contact us for details.